Search This Blog

Thursday 8 March 2012

Hamilton Frustration

I've needed new orthotics for many months now. After attempting to get some from a Dr. in Toronto just before we left town (bad idea), I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and try out that Dr. Scholl's service that I've seen advertised on TV. I don't know if it's a machine that you stand on or walk on or what......but I located the closest service. It was at a store called Factory Shoes up on the mountain.

I went with my husband on his way to work. I got off the bus when I saw the store on the other side of the street. Imagine my surprise when I realized that there was no way to cross! There was no cross-walk! To add insult to injury, the rain started coming down harder and most of me got wet while waiting for the bus to get me out of there. So I was cold and wet and had to go home without my orthotics.

I can't believe how un-pedestrian-friendly this city is.

No comments:

Post a Comment