Search This Blog

Thursday 2 February 2012

Hospital

Well, well well. Only in Hamilton less than a month and already landed in the hospital for a week!! It took so long because my doctors were trying to come to a consensus as to whether or not to operate on me. Since the debate involved brain surgery I'm somewhat happy to report that the decision *not* to operate *at all* was made.

I say 'somewhat' because the operations/procedures could have fixed what's been plaguing me for years.....namely, balance problems that make the casual observer think I'm drunk. In fact, a few years ago outside of a Seattle, WA bar a bouncer TOLD me I 'was drunk' and should 'drink water the rest of the night'. I angrily told him that I *was*, in fact, drinking water but didn't have the presence of mind to admonish him for judging someone he didn't know.

Disability is so misunderstood, isn't it?

Here's a picture of me in Tucson, AZ where we went over the xmas holidays:


Everytime I go there I meet interesting and creative people who are doing the things *I've* always wanted to do but just can't get started on  :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment