Search This Blog

Monday 7 March 2011

Glitter Rock, Year of the Rabbit and Aries!

I decided to try something new with my resin pieces....glitter! I think the fabric disks that I use are much easier to deal with and more controllable but the glitter looks really cool! Let me show you:


Here are the pieces as they cure in the mold.


I call this piece "Glitter Rock"
A charging ram to represent the Aries astrological sign (inspired by my husband the Aries!)
This is my favourite piece. To commemorate the Chinese Lunar Year of the Rabbit I embedded a metal charm of a rabbit and gave it a background of red glitter, the traditional colour used for Chinese New Year celebrations.


I haven't sanded them yet so they're still literally rough around the edges but I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out! Once they're sanded and have a magnet attached they'll be going into my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. He's an Aries? He seems more like a Cancer to me! Kind, caring, gentle.

    I like the glitter too!

    ReplyDelete